Friday 15 June 2018

Slide-in caravan build part 10

In this post I make the kitchen unit.

Here I'm mocking up and trying to conceptualize what the design will be.

I made a CAD model and a set of workshop drawings.




The bottom section of the frame in place. It's already strong enough to sit on.



I got the sink from someone on Gumtree for $10. 





Making the bench top. I had to glue on a section of the edging strip because the whole piece is an odd shape.

Here it is in place.

Starting to make the cupboard doors.




Gluing the MDF 'skin' to the plywood doors.


After they had the corners cut off round, they fitted up nicely.

"Daddy, can I come in please"

This hole is for the sink drain pipe, it just empties straight to outside, so, I'll just have to put a bucket on the ground or something when it's in use.



Finally I added a splash back to the kitchen wall, it's just a piece of lino glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment